Watercolor Painting for 9-12 yr olds
Time & Location
About The Event
These art classes will run for one hour, 5:30-6:30PM, every Thursday for four weeks. This course will focus on watercolor painting techniques. Here is a breakdown of what we'll cover each week:
- Week 1 (Jan 9): Watercolor Color Mixing, Tones, & Hues
This week the children will create their own color wheel guides as they learn how to mix colors and create lighter and darker tones.
- Week 2 (Jan 16): Washes and Tones
During this first week we will paint landscape paintings that will illustrate how light and dark tones can be used to create depth, even in monochromatic art. We will also discuss the term "wash" and how it's used in watercolor paintings.
- Week 3 (Jan 23): Negatives and Positives
This week we will discuss how to paint leaves and flowers, and why it's important to be aware of negative and positive space in a composition.
- Week 4 (Jan 30): Watercolor and Ink
During this class I will show children how to create use brush markers and pens to create their own illustrations. We will decide on the subject in week 3.
These classes are meant to build off of each other, and are therefore combined into a course. However, your child is not required to attend every class. During checkout, please purchase a ticket for each class your child would like to attend if he/she will not attend the whole course. If your child will make it to all four classes, there is a discount for purchasing the entire course.
- Watercolor Class -Whole Course$45$450$0
- Watercolor Class - Jan 9$12$120$0
- Watercolor Class - Jan 16$12$120$0
- Watercolor Class - Jan 23$12$120$0
- Watercolor Class - Jan 30$12$120$0